21 December 2007

Four Questions...

Imagine my delight when I was tagged by the always inspiring Liebemarlene with this meme that's been making the blogging rounds. So with no further delay, here's a little more about me...

1. What’s the story behind the name of your blog and your nickname?

The name Sally Jane comes from a childhood nickname. My Dad called me nothing but Sally Jane for years when I was young. As a kid, I always had my nose in a book and would read anything I could get my hands on including the old primary school readers stacked on the shelves at my grandparent’s house. You know the ones – all about Sally, Dick and Jane. “Run, Sally, run! See Sally run!” Like I said, I’d read just about anything. I suppose I was lucky no one was calling me Dick. As for the “vintage” part, I’ve always had an affinity for all things vintage: clothes, shoes, books, housewares, linens, you name it.


2. Why did you start blogging in the first place?

I started this blog at the same time I started my online store. It began as a way for me to spread the word about my store and as a way to track my progress in my mission to start my own business. Little did I know when I began blogging there is a whole world of like-minded bloggers out there - a virtual subculture if you will. It has been a very pleasant surprise to find so much support and encouragement from other female fashion bloggers. It also serves as a platform to expand on the posts I was doing in the Wardrobe Remix Flickr group. I enjoyed getting peeks into other people’s closets and thought it was fun to join in.

3. What has been your best blogging related experience? What about the worst?

The best part about blogging has been “meeting” other bloggers from around the world. It truly amazes me that I can post a photo from my desk in LA and someone in São Paulo or Olso or London can see it within seconds. I’ve been fortunate so far to have only positive experiences. I know there are people out there that like to post rude comments or say derogatory things, but so far I’ve been able to avoid that.

4. What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008?

I’m going to have lots of changes in my life beginning in 2008 (more on that later) so it will be interesting to see where it all goes. Right now, with the limited time I have, I’ve been mostly posting photos. I would like to be able to write more and include more original content. Certainly there will be many more posts about the store as I work to expand it as well as more thrifting adventures and glimpses into my closet.

6 comments:

Weekly Blogette said...

cant wait to hear about those "changes".
p.s.check out my new post!

Eli said...

what can I say...let's exchange links yeah?

Ella Gregory said...

Good luck for 2008 blogging

Emma said...

good answers good blogging great blog

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I agree--there is a subculture of crazy, vintage-minded wardrobe obsessors, like myself. It's wonderful to get a peak and inspiration from other peoples' closets. And you've definitly got a stellar one!

Anonymous said...

i completly agree with The Clothes Horse!

and just to wish you a Merry Christmas!
my best wishes for you!