28 May 2008

What I'm Wearing




dress: vintage (Ebay)
vest: vintage (Slow on Melrose, Los Angeles)
shoes & bag: vintage (America's Thrift, B'ham, AL)
locket: vintage (America's Thrift, B'ham, AL)
bracelet: Target
sunglasses: H&M

Today's adventures took me to the Salvation Army. I found a pair of high waisted Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that I'm hoping will become my new favorite jeans. In the world of non-clothing finds, I stumbled upon a small collection of antique wooden sewing spools (some with the thread still on them) and scooped them up right away. When I got to the cash register, the lady working behind the counter asked me what they were. I told her and she said that someone else had just bought a whole bunch of them. Argh! At least I got what was left. I'll try to take some photos of them for you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are excellent...

joshylola said...

The dress is amazing.You have an award in my blog (Personal Effort Award). Regards ;-)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Lovely dress. And Salvation Army finds. Now that you are in PA I always wonder if I will run into you at a thrift shop near me...I hope not, for you are most certainly going to find all the good things before I can!

Anonymous said...

you´re so nice and you´re so smart.

Anonymous said...

I love the faded quality of your recent photos, but I esp love your outfits. that dress in fantastic, it kind of reminds me of roberto cavalli s/s 08! cool. and the locket (i love lockets) gives it this old fashioned 19th century feel, pure perfection basically :)

since i've been missing your past few posts, sorry, i love your fun green skirt from last post

Dotti said...

I have the impression your pictures are getting nicer each day. What's that? Is that an objective matter or some kind of addiction?

christina said...

amazing dress! i love the subtle lace details on it

Lydia said...

i'm not usually a "brown" person, but i'm loving this combination on you. great, as usual.

Imelda said...

You look amazing!
I love the dress and the bag!

Daiana said...

Oh dear, that dress of yours is incredible! Love it!

ramona west said...

adorable dress. i absolutely love the mood - especially in the first photo.

Anonymous said...

that dress is wonderful!

Angie said...

beautiful dress! Great with that vest.

Anonymous said...

you look lovely,