29 April 2009

Jeepers Keepers

a
First of all, I want to say a huge, huge thank you to everyone who shopped the Professor's Collection! I so glad that you all love these pieces as much as I do. It was exciting to come across this stash of vintage goodies and it's been fun showing them to you and letting them find new homes all over the globe. The second update won't be coming this week as I've just been too busy to get everything ready but I'm working on it for next week. I'll be sure to let you know beforehand.

I thought I'd show you the pieces that I set aside for myself from the collection. Technically you've already seen the brown pleated 50s dress. The plaid jumper is one of several dresses that were homemade using the same pattern. The pattern was obviously one of her favorites as there is also a corduroy version, a tweed version and a couple more cotton versions of the same dress. There were lots of 50s and 60s cotton blouses among the collection. The floral one I know I'm going to keep but I'm a bit on the fence about the green one. I love the collar but I haven't actually tried to wear it yet so we'll see...

b

8 comments:

Hannah said...

You're so lucky to have received all of this! I once bought a job lot of about 30 vintage dresses on ebay and words cannot describe how excited I was when it came!

text machine said...

that brown dress is great and it looks just like you (or at least the you from the pictures you post). I love when vintage feels like it was made for you. It's like the holy grail.

Fashionlover said...

I like those blouses, but no matter how much I like vintage and second hand shops I just can’t buy anything. I’m very sensitive to smells ☹ help!

morgan said...

Ah! I found a cream floral blouse that has the same look as the one blouse on the right! They fit swimmingly don't they?! I'll have to post photos soon :-)

Josephine Frances said...

Oh you chose the loveliest blouses! And that plaid dress is great, I've been after one like that for a while!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

The grey dress is so cute and the light green blouse is just darling. Your taste is simply impeccable!

♥Darla

Kira Aderne said...

So nice selection!

Kisses and hugs!

Kira

reilly said...

I just came across your blog and saw some of the sold Professor items - wow! I hope you still have some treasures waiting to be listed! I'm kicking myself for not finding your shop sooner.