23 September 2009

Joy Newell's Breath of Life

untitled5

Quite a while back I saved the above image to my "favorite photos" folder on my computer. Then I promptly forgot where I found it. I think I even used it in one of my photo collages but didn't know who to credit. So imagine my surprise when I discovered Joy Newell's Breath of Life photography and there it was! I was so happy to finally know who had taken this lovely photo. I'm always a sucker for photos of pretty girls in pretty dresses in sunlit fields.

Then, of course, it shouldn't have been much of a surprise to discover a wealth of photographs just as lovely; softly lit girls in pretty dresses lying in fields or surrounded by flowers. As if the photos themselves weren't enough, they're made all the more impressive considering the talent that shot them is a seventeen year old young woman.

untitled4

untitled3

untitled

3941540038_3e9b154222_o[1]

11 comments:

Catherine Blair Pfander said...

Wanted to let you know that I came across your blog last night after a quick "vintage" search and I'm so, so pleased that I found this! Totally enamored with the whole look--and I think you have really excellent taste. Love the photog and the styling!

xx cbp

Lacey Starr said...

These photographs are beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear you got spamified. Hope it isn't contagious!

Bug said...

Gorgeous photos! That sucks about the spamming, I hope it doesn't happen anymore.

the spectator said...

Sorry for being a party pooper, but gee that first girl's knees are filthy.

Alice said...

I'm not really a fan of those pictures everyone takes, those urban outfitters catalog pictures of girls in dresses in fields, etc., but these are quite pretty. I like the one of the girl on the ground. The angle makes it interesting.

Eunice said...

I am absolutely in love with these pictures, especially with the back of the sweater and the backgrounds! the colours are standing out in a subtle way. beautiful inspiration. thank you!

Piia said...

No way! Seventeen?! That just isin't fair :D The pictures are utterly gorgeous.

leen said...

i had seen them somewhere else on the net before and i remember loving them at first sight, they really have that little something. it's quite magical...


leen

Miss Woody said...

i love the last one !

Anonymous said...

great photographs! So inspiring.

Antonella said...

Oh my god i love these photo's they are just amazing dreamy love them!!!