23 August 2010

Street Style Faves

Untitled-1
photos: All The Pretty Birds, Stockholm Street Style, ???

The last few days have been filled with visitors from the south. We've been watching lots of old movies, baking peach cobblers and exploring the farmer's market. Lately I haven't been too into taking photos so I don't have any to share with you. Instead, I gathered together a few of my favorite recent street style photos.

I'm drawn to the two photos on top for the colors as much as I am the actually pieces. The blush pink paired with black is one of my favorite combos. I'd also like to try the button-the-blouse-all-the-way-to-the-top thing but I'm a little weird about things touching my neck. I have intentions of paying homage to that third outfit with a little lace mini dress that's hanging in my closet and my Jeffrey Campbell sandals. I can't quite put my finger on what I like about that last photo. I think the girls are super adorable with their pageboy haircuts and 20s-esque shoes. I think it's more the spirit of the outfits than the actual clothes that I love.

15 comments:

pearl said...

i loveeee the first picture's outfit! simple but chic!

love,
http://artyaffair.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Maybe I just missed it, but did you ever pick a winner for the Dear Golden giveaway?

Catherine said...

I love the outfit in the bottom left, the sunglasses and white sundress are perfect!

The Girl in the Paper Dress

hillary said...

LOVE the first outfit, just gorgeous.

svenskaussie said...

Very very cool !

Fashion Tidbits said...

i like the pants the girl is wearing in the first pic//it makes her legs look fabulous

Opal Wells said...

Usually I don't get into pink- especially not pink and black. It brings me back to faux punks in the early 2000s; however, this is a lovely shade and a great combo. Thank you for sharing.

www.jenniwells.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

In fashion there's no limit! You just have to be yourself as long as you want it to. Fashion means everything!... and I love being a fashionista...

Buy Aion Account

the Citizen Rosebud said...

the last photo is from street style photographer Wayne Tippets, he has a great website that is so much better than the Sartorialist) and those fabu girls are from a band, but of course the name escapes me at the moment. I like how they look so unique, a bit old timey but fresh. LOVE their look.

Unknown said...

I love the bottom left photo. I'm all about the socks :)
Great pic choices, btw!

Claire Nouveau said...

lovely! adore the floral print mini with the white tights ever so!

Kelly Valentine said...

I'm also loving the blush pink sheer top with the black pants too. Such a great combo...looks effortless and chic!

I really wish I was having some of that peach cobbler ;)

xxo Kelly
Glamourous Spirit

Unknown said...

Love that first look. So light. I've been rockin' some vintage for the past few days over at...

http://playfulapril.com

It's my new baby.

alexandra grecco said...

Gah! Love these ; ) xAlexandra

Claire said...

Last pic is of The Broken Hearts.