20 October 2010

Sprinkle all my kisses on your head...

a

- 30s lace blouse
- Alexa Chung velvet shorts
- thrifted J. Crew cardigan
- vintage t-strap Ferragamos
- vintage wool beret
- vintage Coach purse
- listening to: Smashing Pumpkins - Gish "Siva"

b

After taking it easy for a couple of days, I'm back to work listing things in the Etsy shop this morning. I've got lots and lots of lovely dresses to add this week! I've just finished one batch and I'm about to start another.

My break included taking a trip to Cherry Hill Orchard, a local apple farm. I'd never been before and really loved it! Unfortunately they'd already done the last "pick your own" day but there were buckets full of at least a dozen different kinds of apples to choose from. And samples galore! I was so stuffed with apples by the time we left. I ended up choosing Cameos and Golden Delicious to bring home with me. Yummmm. I want to go next year when we can try to pick our own.

c

21 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Ah that lace top is so lovely. I can't believe you are still able to wear shorts, it is freeezing here in London!

http://pennydreadfulvintage.blogspot.com/

The Purse-a-holic said...

Cant get enough of that coach purse. *heart*


http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

love the velvet shorts! come visit my blog http://thefauxmodel.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful Outfit! I adore your lacy blouse. xx, Alice :)

callie said...

Such lovely pictures! That blouse is gorgeous. I love Apple picking- Macouns & Cortlands are my favorites. (:

archives vintage said...

as always, your pictures are just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

i want your ferragamos! :)

Velvet said...

That "pick your own" system sounds great!

You're gorgeous in that black velvet shorts.

Have a nice day.

Sian Thomas said...

Velvet shorts!! They are amazing =D I need them!!
The apple farm sounds lovely too, I really want to eat an apple now haha! We don't have any pick your own apples around where I live, but we have pick your own strawberries and raspberries in summer which I'm really missing now!

http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

FidgetFinds said...

love the photo of you throwing your hat!

Rosaspina Vintage said...

These picture are amazing! What a beautiful lighting!
Lovely clothes as always ;)

hannah, heart city said...

velvet shorts! amazing top! so perfect together.

Hannie said...

I love it! Great outfit, I want your lace top and leather bag! So gorgeous :)
xoxo from Hannie

Bri said...

What a fun outfit, such interesting pieces. The photos are so dreamy...

A Little Brighter said...

Thank you so much for the comment!
Your blog has been one of my favourites for many many year and it was such a lovely surprise!
Adore this outfit! The 30's lace blouse is super pretty!
I have been wearing vintage vlvet shorts lately but the velvet keeps rubbing off and the shorts get ruined! Maybe I shoudl try and source some Alexa Chung versions!

Ayesha x

Zoƫ said...

this is honest to god my favourite outfit of yours. love every element of it - mixing the textures, the luxe feel of velvet and lace and of course the autumnal colours!

its bloody freezing here in glasgow!

Jenni said...

Love love love the shorts... and the blouse! Amazing!

Marika said...

So jealous of those shorts! I didn't even realize I needed velvet ones until I saw that!

Anonymous said...

So pretty. I love it all.. especially the shoes :D

Kaelyn Choo said...

Cute outfit. Love it!

Louder Than Silence said...

Such a lovely outfit, and the pictures are beautiful too - looks like a perfect autumnal day!

Sally x
Louder Than Silence