13 April 2011

Come and Gone

1

photos by Tom b.

- Ordinary Happy Moments Dress c/o Modcloth
- Jeffrey Campbell sandals
- vintage hat

2

It seems that Monday was just a little tease of spring (nearly summer). It came and went all too quickly. At least it gave me a chance to wear my new Dear Creatures dress. This is the one I had my eye on when the lookbook came out and I'm so happy it's mine. Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed by so much pattern, but I'm glad I made an exception for this dress.

Tom and I took advantage of the nice weather by spending some time in Longs Park. It seems everyone else in town had the same idea. It was so crowded! After that we headed to our favorite Indian restaurant where we drank Taj beer and stuffed ourselves on malai kofta and kadhai paneer. I guess everyone else in town was still at the park because we were the only people in the whole place. The manager brought us carrot pudding for dessert then I went home and fell right into a food coma while watching the last parts of Mildred Pierce. It was a pretty good day!

3

4

5

21 comments:

Melai said...

oh sally! you're such a lovely sight! :) Love your photos as always :)

hearts,
Melai of Style and Soul

S said...

the picture standing by the lake is so beautiful!


sing, sing, sing

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful dress! Love it!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Dulcie said...

You're right, it's an incredible print. Love the autumnal shades xx

Unknown said...

Wow. The last picture is wonderful!! Stunning dress!

Vicky
new post: Impression | Springtime:&
follow me

sarah nicole said...

Gorg! Loving those JC platforms - I think I need them and his Foxy platforms this season.

xo,

Sarah

Unknown said...

ow that picture of the flowers is flawless. i love your dress, especially the back of it, and adorable hat! the cute tulip skirt i ordered from your etsy arrived, and i must say i loved your packaging it was so charming and cute :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Q's Daydream said...

Oh my! I love that dress!

The Wh0le Story said...

I saw this on Modcloth, and thought it was absolutely adorable! I hesitated because of the price, but you make it very tempting!

Chaucee said...

these photos make me miss home : ) i love long's park. such a good classic place to go...even though it does get crowded when the weather warms up. the blossoms are beautiful! as well as the dress and shoes. are those shoes comfortable?

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

stunning photos and outfit as always! I love the last one so much.

Caitlin Rose said...

beautiful dress and it sounds like a beautiful day : )

xx

Caitlin Rose

Cel said...

You are officially responsible for making me adore Jeffrey Campbell shoes! Looks like your long hair is coming along swimmingly too :)

calivintage said...

ahhh! we're gonna be twinsies! i totally bought that dress from modcloth, too! i have to say, you look absolutely stunning. this setting is so pretty and serene.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures in every post are so beautiful! I love the dress, and I agree the pattern is worth it! I'm always drooling over Dear Creatures' dresses.

Liz

beetree said...

Beautiful photos- love the dress! :)

Good Eye said...

That dress is perfection! Gonna go check it out at Modcloth.

LittleRachael said...

I LOVE that dress, so pretty! Beautiful pictures xx

Little Rachael
Little Rachael
Little Rachael

KittyMeow said...

Wow that fabric - I have a dress made of exactly the same print but in shades of green and taupe! It's by Route 66 which is an Aussie repro label.
Mine is a 50's style full skirt dress with u-neck and buttons on the straps. It also has a black tulle petticoat attached to the skirt.

So interesting that such a unique fabric can come up a second time like this (I bought my dress years ago) - I wonder where it's sourced from!

Anonymous said...

I have serious wardrobe envy after reading this post, such a sweet outfit so nicely pulled together!
Those JC heels are definitely going on my 'wish list'!

xx

www.littleravensworld.wordpress.com

svenskaussie said...

Perfect outfit, I love everything that you're wearing.