29 April 2011

Photography: SJV x ADG

1

For today's photography spotlight I'd like to indulge in a little shameless self promotion, if you don't mind. Here are the results of my very first styling project, a collaboration with Amber Danese Grandfield and Sarah. You may remember from this post that when I was planning the shoot I was watching a lot of Boardwalk Empire so I had the 20s heavily on my mind, but at the same time a lot of 70s inspired spring lookbooks were coming out so I think some of that got thrown into the mix as well.

I think my favorite piece from the set is that black semi-sheer skirt which I found a thrift store the day before shoot! I layered it over my Fletcher for Lyell tap shorts and it looked amazing on Sarah. It's one of those outfits that I love to put together but doubt that I'd be brave enough to wear out in public. If you'd like, you can see more of the photos here.

2

15 comments:

Joy said...

So in love with this! This is awesome!

Cat said...

Amazing, so light and airy! My favourite has to be the photo with the balloons... And I agree, that black semi-sheer skirt is just gorgeous!

http://www.takecourageblog.com/

zebiah said...

Amazing location!! super Pennyland!!

The Wh0le Story said...

These photos are freakin' wonderful! I absolutely love every shot. That striped cardigan in the last photo is perfection.

Megan said...

Love the pics!! And the styling is AMAZING! I want it all!

http://grlfashionista.wordpress.com/

Simona said...

Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing!!

xx Simonne

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful pictures!

Love,
Deer. Lady

Lena B, Actually said...

Fab photos! Perfect!
I ♥ the balloon pic, and the last pic!

{http://mom2memphisandruby.blogspot.com/}

Caitlin Rose said...

Before I read this post I was going to comment on how they reminded me of your aesthetic. lol. They are absolutely beautiful, very very well done.

SophieSweetVintage said...

I really like the outfits! Nice pictures :)

Anonymous said...

These are awesome!! x

Cool Schmool said...

i would rock that black skirt everyday if i could wear black to work! you have great style and I look forward to working with you again someday. xo

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. And the white lace top is amazing. Love all around.

sweet harvest moon said...

Great pictures!!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Cel said...

Those look so great! Thanks for sharing :)