20 April 2011

Where is the future, there is no past...

a

photos by Tom b.

- AA top
- 30s silk skirt
- Libris Lunaria tote
- Jeffrey Campbell heels
- listening to: Graveyard - Hisingen Blues "Hisingen Blues"

Today Tom and I were running errands when we spotted this old farmhouse and barn with a for sale sign out front. We stopped to look around purely out of curiosity. Was it our fault that the door happened to be wide open? I was sooo loud clomping around in that empty house on the hardwood stairs in my wooden sandals! Obviously no one else was there to disturb but it just seemed wrong making so much noise in the peace and quiet of the house.

This 30s silk skirt is one of those pieces that has been hanging in my closet for ages that I've never quite found the right outfit to wear it. I'm pretty sure I'm wearing it backwards anyway but the little gathers are my favorite part so I put them at the front. I think it's the length of the skirt that always throws me off so I paired it with super high heels to balance it out. Not exactly the best idea for running errands so next time I think I'll try flats.

b

21 comments:

Em said...

Love this outfit and the surprise the back shot reveals. Nice location.

mirattes said...

What a great building!
And you look absolutely gorgeous with that skirt and balerine blouse

Caitlin Rose said...

stunning outfit, I love the skirt! how funny are you running around in vacant houses all the time!

Chaucee said...

Those shoes are GREAT!

Unknown said...

i love that skirt, and what an amazing location find!! it looks great in the pictures!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Angie said...

Lovely outfit....Adore the skirt..:)

xxx

Angie

P.S:chasingkitesbyangie.blogspot.com
Don't bother to pass by anytime..:)

sarah nicole said...

Beautiful! Perfectly styled.

That AA top is one of my favorites. Seems so innocent, then, HELLO! : )

xo,

Sarah

Ms.Tips said...

I love these photos! It always amazes me that you find these amazing places to shoot all these lovely photos. (and the door was just open? lucky!) I love your 30's skirt!!

LittleMissLee said...

oh wow, gorgeous outfit, i love the cut and pattern of your skirt, and your photographs are fabulous

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Anonymous said...

You two always have your eyes wide open. You find the most amazing places :)

Those heels look gorgeous but I can just imagine the cringe factor of the wood on wood boom :D

Unknown said...

Really love the shoes! And the skirt are perfect for this shoes! Great!

Sara Kristiina said...

Very cool place!

TheLovelyHunter said...

I agree that the gathers on this skirt need to be shown off. And as for the barn, how cool is that? Wouldn't you love to live in one :)

Sofia

TheLovelyHunter said...

I agree that the gathers in this skirt need to be shown off. And as for finding the barn--awesome! Wouldn't it be awesome to live in one:)

Sofia

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

haha breaking and entering when the door really said, "come in!!! You want to!!" hehe. it's a lovely house and you are lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit! The pictures are lovely! :)
XX

Anonymous said...

Great look! I love the silhouette.

Maria Confer said...

You look stunning Jennifer! I always wish I could pull off low back tops!

xx
Maria

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

maraley said...

simple and flawless <3
gorgeous blog as well

Carolyn said...

Wow this outfit looks stunning on you and I love the quality of the photography!! Thank you!