21 January 2013

Madewell Spring 2013






The Madewell lookbook is a highly anticipated thing at my house.  I have to admit that most of my wardrobe that isn't vintage comes from Madewell.  I'm always watching something on the site, stalking it until it goes on sale.  And luckily, they have some pretty good sales!  So when this spring's lookbook came out I was excited to check out my future stalking victims.  But I have to admit, most of the looks left me at bit, well, MEH!  That's the sound of my indifference, in case you didn't catch that. 

Now, it's not all bad!  There are a few dresses that caught my eye. I love that geometric print sweater and the smocked blouse and the tan overcoat looks like a nice alternative to my nearly worn out trench coat.  But most of it was a bit too preppy pastel.  A bit too J. Crew, if you will.  I know that it's silly to complain about spring clothes being pastel, and obviously there's going to be a bit of a J. Crew vibe since they're the same company.  I guess I've just been so smitten with the past seasons, I was a bit surprised at not being bowled over with this one. 

3 comments:

blue roses said...

i love the long flowing silhouettes....



http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

MySoulDress said...

Wonderful collection....
www.mysouldress.com

summerdavid said...

Hey doll, I work for Madewell and I can tell you the Spring collection is SO MUCH better than just what's pictured in the Look Book. Seriously. Don't give up hope! :)